MONEY IS USELESS WITHOUT ME!

 


A lot of people believe that they are useless without money, but not me! Money is useless without me. It will be a tragedy to admit that I am useless without money. It will be an insult to God, but many people have no problem with insulting God by admitting to being useless without money.

Human beings were created by God, but money is a scrap of paper created by human beings. Admitting to being useless without money is like God admitting to being useless without human beings. Without human beings, God existed; if human beings cease to exist, he still will exist. So he cannot be useless without human beings.

The foregoing analogy is the reason why I cannot be convinced to believe that I am useless without money.

I do not accept disrespect from anyone just because I am temporarily broke. You can consider yourself useless because you are broke and disrespect yourself, but do not bring that to me! It does not matter who you are; if you bring it to me, I will mess you up. Money does not determine what I take or refuse; I do!

This is probably why I am not married yet. I grew up in an environment where women are trained to measure men by the size of their wallets. If a man does not have money, these poor women do not consider him to be a man. I do not take that!

I detest women who measure men by the size of their wallets; I will not go near them unless I do not know, and that is not because I am broke. Even if I am rich, I will avoid them. Such a woman does not know what it takes to be a man, and because of that, abuse is inevitable if I take her in.

You can hate me, refuse to support me because you feel I am arrogant, or even block support from coming to me, but you can never induce me to believe that I am useless without money. If arrogance nurtures this state of mind, then I do not want to be humble!

If you believe that I am useless because I am broke, I will only be useless to you, and that will be your loss, not mine. With or without you, I will get what I want and become what I want to be. Any man with my kind of state of mind cannot be stopped from achieving their goals.

Do not misunderstand this to mean a glorification of poverty; it is actually a way to eradicate poverty. The worst form of poverty is not lack of money but the belief that one is useless without money. If a lack of money makes people useless, then God would have created money before creating human beings.

Money has no power of its own; it is useless without human beings. It becomes only a scrap of paper if we decide not to make it a legal tender. An example of this was presented to us before the last election, when the old Naira became useless because it was no longer a legal tender.

If money has a power of its own, then it should have fought to remain a legal tender. However, it has no power of its own. It is useless unless it is used.

Nigeria presents many examples of the dangers that the belief that one is useless without money poses.
When a man who believes he is useless without money gets to a position where he is exposed to a lot of money, the default reaction is to embezzle as much money as he can to prove his usefulness.

This explains why many of our Government officials embezzle money and keep it until it rots. There are things the money can be used for, but because they feel useless without them, they just need to keep them.

If a man like me, who believes that money is useless without him and does not limit himself to money, becomes the president of Nigeria, things will be good for the masses. He will make the most of the money he has under his care. He will not steal one naira from the government treasury, yet he will never be poor.

He will pride himself on being able to properly manage the resources in his care, not on how much money he can make from it. His self-esteem is not attached to money, so there is no need to steal money to prove that he is useful.

Many years ago, I headed a team that was supposed to organize an event. The event was going to cost us N2, 000, 000.00, and being the convener of the event, I had only N10, 000.00 in my account. However, I knew I was not limited to the money I had.

We had a successful event that went on TV, we incurred zero debt, and I made more money. How did we do that? Ideas bring money, not otherwise. But to have ideas that bring money, you must not limit yourself to money. If I limited myself and the team to the money in my account, the event would not happen.

If I could stage an event that could have cost me 2 million naira with just Ten Thousand in my account, then imagine what I can do if I have more money in my possession. You can now see how insulting it is to limit me to how much money I have in my bank account.

The purpose of this article is not to brag, but to turn the spotlight on the intrinsic riches of humanity that cannot and should not be traded for money. We have inherited a tradition that money is everything, and this is why poverty moves from one generation to another. You cannot be rich and maintain it with a poor mentality.

If you do not have money to buy the things that money can buy, take time to develop the qualities of humanity that money cannot buy, and do not sell them for money. These things do not cost money; they are in you, but they will never be useful to you or others as long as you believe that you are useless without money.

Money is useless without you, but it is up to you to believe it!

Written by Soul'e Rhymez

Follow my WhatsApp Channel for more articles like this.
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va9xTk723n3o2J9baD0f

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY