DO NOT DISRESPECT YOURSELF TO MAKE SENSE TO PEOPLE!

Nearly everyone I know but who does not know me feels I am arrogant, but on the contrary, I am the humblest and most respectful man anyone can meet. I greet people first regardless of their status, I do errands that I should not do for people, and I take the dirtiest jobs in form of service yet, they still say I am disrespectful and arrogant. Why is that so?

I found the answer to the foregoing question to be the fact that I do not allow people to disrespect me directly or indirectly. I deal with disrespect regardless of whom it is coming from with utmost haughtiness.

I do not disrespect people first, but I do not tolerate disrespect from anyone regardless of their status and who they are to me. I let people know, regardless of what it means to them that I am Soul’e Rhymez. They do not have to love me, but they have no other choice than to respect me as much as I respect them if they must have it good with me.

However, there are a lot of people who never feel respected until a person disrespects himself to respect them or allows them to disrespect him as they wish. Such people can never feel respected by me regardless of how well I respect them. That is their problem to deal with.

It occurred to me that a lot of people feel I am arrogant and disrespectful because of my unwillingness to disrespect myself to respect them or allow them to disrespect me as they wish. No one has that privilege with me, not my parents, siblings, or family members and not even my wife and children will have it.

It does not matter who you are to me, if all it takes for you to feel respected by me is for me to disrespect myself or allow you to disrespect me as you wish, then you will never see my cool side. If you put disrespect to my face, I will refute you in its haughtiest manner.

No other person can tell the story of my intolerance of disrespectful people than my father.

He is a typical old-fashioned-African father that thinks he can make his children do whatever he wants even if he does not contribute anything positive to their lives but I am a different kid.

I have shown him many times, and I will do it again if the need arises that I will never disrespect myself to respect him or anyone else. And I do not give a damn what he feels about it. This man resurfaced in my life after many years of disappearance with what people refer to as “parental pressure” telling me to go back to the university.

I told him I was not going to do it and respected him enough to tell him my reasons, but somehow, my reasons did not make any sense to him just as it did not make any sense to the family members who had been taking care of me in his absence.

He kept the pressure on, and I had to put him in his place in a not-too-gentle manner. By persisting to put pressure on me to return to the University despite I told him why I opted out, an explanation I did not owe him, he proved that he did not respect me and hereby deserves nothing but disrespect from me.

My grandmother of blessed memory has the greatest influence on me; when I was 28 years old and presented one of my printed books to her, she reminded me of why I needed to go back to school, I told her never to tell me about that again and until her death, she did not repeat it.

If she, despite I respected her more than any other human being, could not change that decision, no other human being can. I did not disrespect my granny by refusing to go back to the university despite her wanting it, I only chose to not disrespect myself to respect her.

Why did I not listen to my granny and go back to the University to complete my degree?

The answer is simple and straight to the point - it is disrespectful to me to know that my decision is right and change it because someone I respect feels it is wrong. Many people do this, but I will not.

No one can induce me to disrespect myself to respect them. It is an express route to mediocrity. If you wish to live above mediocrity, stop disrespecting yourself to respect people! It kills your individuality and makes you a spineless weakling.

If people think you are arrogant because you will not disrespect yourself to respect them, then so be it! Your results will eventually defend you if you know what you are doing. If you know what is right for you, do it regardless of how many people think that you are wasting your time.

If you do what you know is right for you and fail, people will blame you for your failure, but if you listen to them and fail, they will still blame you for your failure. They will not say that you fail because you listened to them. So, why not take the responsibility for your life?

A vital part of respecting yourself is learning to make prompt & right decisions. This is why I could say no to people regardless of who they are to me and be right about it. If you do not know how to make prompt & right decisions, you will have no other choice than to listen to people that do not respect your decisions.

If you wish to learn how to make prompt & right decisions, then you might need to read my book titled HOW TO MAKE PROMPT & RIGHT DECISIONS

Click on the link below to download the PDF version.

https://selar.co/k51g

I am *Soul'e Rhymez*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY