I OWN NOTHING; I DESERVE NOTHING



Yesterday, 5th of September was my birthday, but unlike the previous ones, I did not inform anyone about it, I did not post my yearly speech and did not change my DP on all my social media platforms as I usually do on my birthdays.

Birthday is something that almost everyone looks forward to; it is only day in a year that some people get to be celebrated, it is nothing different with me.
However, Infinite Intelligence told me not to inform anyone about it.  
As his student, I knew there was a lesson for me, which will only come after I had obeyed. I could not wait for my birthday to pass, so I could get the lesson.

At the early hours of my birthday, Infinite Intelligence began to speak to me on why he told me to be quiet about my birthday.
The reason was for me to learn an important lesson in life, maybe not for me, but for others.  

But let us begin with these questions:
Why should everyone celebrate my birthday?
How many people’s birthdays do I celebrate and in what way have I helped them to make them remember my birthday?
Even if I have done so, was it in exchange for my birthday celebration?

Truly, I do not deserve that anyone should celebrate my birthday.
I will be wrong to even demand for it or be angry that certain people did not remember, no matter how close they are to me.

Sincerely, I have given nothing to the world to make them want to celebrate my birthday, but despite that, a lady defiled her sleep to be the first to wish me, some wrote poems, some designed my photos and posted them on their walls and statuses, and I received some calls, even from the people I least expected them. Surely, I have not given anything to deserve all that.

Do not think I am trying to be humble.
I have never tried to be humble or arrogant; I just try to be myself at all times and this is what I am doing once more. 

I am nobody! Nothing that I have is truly mine. I was brought forth by two people, who could have aborted me, and I was raised by my family and the whole community, who could have decided to poison me, but they did not.

Surely, I am not and never going to be self-made person, even though there are some prices I had to pay to get some resources.
Perhaps there is no self-made anywhere, we only have people who try to take people’s credit away from them, but I won’t do the same.

I am a son of many mothers, and many fathers have adopted me. I was birthed by a single woman, but I do not belong to one mother. I am a father of many sons and daughters, even though I am yet to give birth to one.

Many destinies rest on mine, so nothing I have is truly mine; they are for the people whose destinies rests on mine. I am only a custodian.
Those who have supported and still will support should know that by going so, they are helping a generation of people, whose destinies and survival are inseparably attached to my destiny.

Don’t envy me, except you can lift this burden. But for me it is a blessing and I want to appreciate people who have been a great part of my life in the just past year.
For the sake of space, I will limit the names to the just past year, between September 5, 2017 and now.

This year has been a blessing and a turnaround in my writing career. I have completed more than two books and have published one of them; I have also started my Masterclass. It is a blessing.
It is this year that I earned first money from selling a book. It was long coming.

Surely, my birthday was not really a time to celebrate; it was a time to reflect.

In no particular order, thanks to Mrs. Adebisi Ajayi, who was the first person to send me a token, because was impressed by my write-ups. That was a great motivation.
Onyekachi Jones, the first person and man to pay for my book, Miss. Kelechi, who was the first woman to pay for my book.

Thanks to Afolayan Jamiu whose skillful advice turned my career around.
Thanks to Evangelist and Deaconess Onyeriodor, both of who have been my pillar of support, when it seems all have failed. The old man who is more than 72 years old cooks from his house and brings to me; he dishes these foods as if I am a king.

Pastor Obadina, who has been the angel whenever I am financially, broke. His angelic acts show that it is not all about the big cash, but small cashes at the right times. His was always a stitch in time. Whenever I pray, God sends him.

Thanks to Deacon Ofor, Deaconess Jocelyn Afowosoro, Deaconess Osamaye, whose supports brought to live, Project Be-Different, which has now expanded from what I thought it will be.
Pastor Tunji Oguntuase and wife, who have all shown their faiths in my ability in diverse ways; Mrs. Oluwabunmi Ogunote who has always been a great friend and confidant.

Thanks to Pastor Akhabhoa, Deacon Okobi, Deacon Nnamdi Iruegbu,Pastor Adeyeye Olumiyiwa, Mrs. Folake Ayeyemi, Mr. Eriata, Osobajo Omosola, Miss. Maureen Anota, MC Cabal, Josh Kamba, Quin Labiz, SholyPlus, NayaEffectz, Effiong Luthur, Obadina Michael, Bayo Lawal, Sissy Darisima, Afolayan Blessing, Sandra Afolo, Friday Marvelous, Eniola Odufuwa, Mahmud Sufiyan, Prosper Oluwaseun, all of whom contributed to the success of SRAF AWARDS – 2017.

Special thanks to Mrs. Iyabo Samuel, who showed one of the greatest faiths in faith in my works as a writer this year, by connecting me with a Governorship candidate to be her official content provider. Thanks to Pastor & Pastor Mrs. Ajulo, the angels God has uses to stabilize my life and career, without which every other things may not be possible.

Thanks to my teams: Team-SRAF, Team-Be-Different, Team-SOLF and Team-Soul’e Rhymez, My WhatsApp Contacts, Facebook Friends and Instagram followers, they have been amazing and giving their all. Thanks to all those who have shared my work at one time or another.

There are many people that deserve my gratitude, but even though I remember them all, I can’t mention their names because of space and time.
I am glad you gave, and continue to give, it is not because I am special, it is because you are exceptional, and have learned the art of giving, but I am sure that one day, I will make you all proud.

Thank you for your continuous supports.

I am Soul’e Rhymez





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY