HOW NARCISSISM CAUSES BLINDNESS





One day I woke up to a message from my ex, where she referred to me as her narcissistic boss. That got me thinking because that was not the first time I have heard someone call me something similar.  A few people have said it in the past, I denied it. I was not particularly interested in learning and finding out more about the term beyond its definition, for I did feel these guys were just seeing what they wanted to see. Perhaps I could be right.

When my girlfriend reaffirmed it, it occurred to me I must have been doing something, which projected it. I did not take it as an insult, I told her I was going to learn more about it, and I did. It seemed her intention was not to heal me, it was rather out of reaction, to sly me, but I did not take it as such, I went on and studied the condition as much as I could for a month, reading every book, and every article I could lay my hands on, just to be so sure, there is no part of it that will be hidden to me. 

My persistence and studiousness paid off; HOW WE BECAME NARCISSISTS is evidence.
In this piece of research, I found out a lot of people display certain narcissistic traits without knowing it.
In fact, narcissists are the most annoying and difficult set of people to live with. It would have been better if they are able to see themselves just the way they are, but such blindness is their misery.
As much as narcissism is a personality deficiency, which makes one to concentrate too much on self, it is a tragedy that people who suffer from it, can’t really see themselves as they really are; they are twice as blind, when it comes to understanding of others. In fact, they are rarely interested in the latter.

As a testimony to the fact that narcissists are blind, even though they can see; pay attention to the story below.
A few years ago, it surfaced on the internet and was also published on newspapers in Nigeria, how a female soldier ordered other soldiers, and also joined force with them, to beat to a pulp, a man who had complimented her as “beautiful”.  The man ended in the hospital bleeding profusely and almost lost his life. A lot of people read the story and saw a woman who was power drunk and just wanted to exercise her newly attained position of power.

I saw a different thing. I knew it was not a case of someone who was power drunk. In a lecture titled “Mechanism of Understanding”, which I delivered in 2014; I referred to her as being blind. I maintained she suffered from what I regarded as “World’s Most Dangerous Blindness” – inability to see in another person’s perspective and sympathize with them.  Many years later, when I was making a research which led to this piece of work, I found out a major cause of this blindness is Narcissism and that the soldier was suffering from it, as at the time of that incidence.

What Narcissism does to mankind is not small and trivial as many might have imagined it to be.
It is the reason why politics became a devil’s game; it is the same reason why most politicians are corrupt. This is also the same reason why we have a lot of religion leaders and entrepreneurs, who thrive by defrauding people through trickery and unmet promises. 

Narcissism is the same reason why we now have a lot of single parents and feminists, who has sworn never to get married. In fact, in the nearest future, as a result of narcissism, more women will work towards becoming the head of their families and they will try to achieve this goal by running down or/ and killing their husbands and vice versa.
This is an evil of narcissism and to be safe from it, it is only important that you learn to know it, be able to detect it in people and also learn to relate with them while staying safe.

To learn more about this condition, you may find it necessary to purchase “HOW WE BECAME NARCISSISTS”.It cost only #1000.

To get your own copy, follow the procedure below:
1. Pay #1000 to this Account details: FIRST Bank, 3056941229, Soule Stephen Toloushe.
2. Send proof of payment to soulerhymez@gmail.com or as WhatsApp message to: +2348163800077, alongside your email address. You will get your own copy within 24 hours of payment confirmation.


Thank You





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY