SOUL’E RHYMEZ’S INTERVIEW ON G.U.Y ONLINE PLATFORM – 6TH OF SEPTEMBER, 2016


Abidoye O. Samuel SamWealth and other members of the Global Unique Youth Platform (GUY) Celebrates a Maestro - Eneji Toluwalashe Stephen Soul'e Rhymez.

Inspiring and Educative Interview. Enjoy!

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Good evening Family,
I'm your host and guide Adetunbi Adewumi and I'm here with Mr Stephen Eneji. Soul'e Rhymez, please introduce yourself to us

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Good evening Great Youths.
Good evening great minds, my name is Eneji Stephen Toluwalashe, popularly known as Soul'e Rhymez.
I am a Poet and Essayist; a writer parses.

Global Unique Youth: Mr. Stephen Please tell the family what prompted you to be a poet and Writer?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Well, I think it is just my calling, but initially, I didn't like writing, in my secondary school days, I don't write notes, writing was like work to me.
Along the line, I just discovered I had a lot to offer the world, a lot to change, so many abnormality to make normal and the best weapon was to start writing.
I actually started with songs.
I was just a man of a lot of impressions and I needed expression to avoid depression.


GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Wow that's great! So what do you do when you are not writing or what are your other hobbies?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Well, I play PlayStation or watch football match.
I seldom watch TV. But I can fall back to it when I'm with my family.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH:  Nice indeed,
Speaking about family tell us a bit about the family that conceived a great prolific writer like you.

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Well, my family is great, all loving.
Although I didn't live with any of my parents, my family is great.
My Granny is my heroine, she took care of me and taught me the ways of God.
I currently live away from my family.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: I am made to believe you're a Nigerian? Tell us what state you're from and what local government

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: I was born in Ilorin Kwara State, but I am from Okene local government, Kogi state.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: I would be invading your privacy if I ask you to tell us your age. But with what I see a matured man. Are you in any relationship at the moment and if yes are you planning to seal it with a ring in a church soon?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: That's two questions in one.
OK, I have crossed to my late 20s, but as for relationship, no one wants to date Soul'e Rhymez, the crazy writer, even the woman that is reading this is still doubting in her mind.
I am single until the woman I want says yes.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH:  Wow I am moved to give u a round of applause 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Tell us about your educational background, the schools you attended and also what you feel the educational sector In Nigeria is lacking now.

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  Well, I had my primary and secondary school back in Kogi state before I crossed over to Lagos.
I got several admissions on scholarship abroad, but I was not to follow up, finally I got admission to study English Language in Unilag, but I had to opt out, a thing known to me and God.
Overall, I am a student of Life.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH:  Student of Life, I'm honoured to be here with you. I'll ask you the 2nd part after which I'll give room for 3 questions from the family then I'll continue
So Mr Stephen what do you feel are the challenges the Education sector in Nigeria is facing at the moment?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Well, I think what we have here is more of indoctrination rather than education.
Just this year, we shot a documentary on education and one day I will share it here.
True education is to be taught to use your talent in relation to your passion.
But is that what we have here?
Why do we have so many unbaked and unemployed graduates, most of who  can't practice what they studied back in school?
For me, we need to overhaul the educational system and redefine it to make it more productive for everyone, not just a few at the detriment of many as we have it now.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Wow, you really showed proof of your prolific writing in that answer. Now I'm leaving you in the hands of the house for a few mins.
Family, just 3 questions please.

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  I'm waiting

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Family please, ask your questions, don't keep him waiting

MISS. OYINDAMOLA: What has been the most challenging thing you've ever done?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Most challenging?
The most challenging thing I have ever done was to lose my virginity at age 24 and the one like it was to fight back my uncle in a disagreement and these two events are the turning points in my life.

MISS. ELIZABETH: What have you experience in life that you wouldn't want your children to experience?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  What I have experienced in life that I won't want my children to experience:
Poverty and lack of parental attention.

MR. JE SUIS IKHAZ: What is your inspiration and motivation?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  God is my inspiration; nature is my motivation, also encouragement from people especially the females.

MR. SOLICITOR: Is there any hope for the unemployed graduate?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Yes, there is hope, much hope, GMII is working that out, but they should learn to create jobs instead of just looking for jobs.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Thanks family for the participation.
Day by day we hear people preaching about being born again and receiving salvation
Are you a born again??

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Well, being born again to me is to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior and never turn back.
I did that and I am proud to claim allegiance to Christ. This is not religion!

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: when was the last time you cried and why did you?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  The last time I cried was when I was writing the poem: *I Don't Even Know Her Name*.
I cried because I realized it was late for me to realize someone needs my presence out there.
It was inspired by a lady, she's dwarf and also blind.
I met her at a Workshop organized by a team I belong (ChildHero). I was full of pity for her but she was full of life and even thanked me for coming.
She was happy to take picture with me and then it dawn on me I had wasted my time writing for people who don't know the value because there she was, very happy with my presence even though I didn't have to write for her.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Wow great mind indeed,
If you're given the sum of 10 million Naira today what would you do with it?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: 10 million, I have a project worth 100 million so 10 million is just by the way.
The fact is I have a project through which I can change the fortune of millions of Nigeria, so if you give me any number of million now, you are indirectly making the world a better place through me.
I have plan for any money I have and that I am to have.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH:  So Mr. Stephen over time I've had the opportunity to see a lot of nice poems, write-ups etc from you.
Have you received an award, laurel or medal for your great works yet?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: Well, I am not an award freak. It doesn't make sense to me even though it could be a plus.
I have not received any award probably because I don't submit my works for them.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH:  Mr. Stephen I'm taking a break again and now I'm leaving you in the hands of the family for 5 questions. I'll be back after those questions

MISS. OYINDAMOLA: Would you like to go back to school?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  I have never been out of school; just my definition of school is different.
In fact, in my own school, I won't graduate.

MR. ARIYO: Interesting. But he has not answered the question about the 10million Naira very well.

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  About the 10 million, I will quickly register my initiative and start company instantly.
I will also register my proposed NGO.

MR. EZEKIEL: If you had gotten parental affection, would you have become better than this?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  Parental affection?
It would have made a lot of difference and it might not. maybe I would have moved on a faster pace or remain redundant.
I believe God wants it this way.
No regret,
No offence.
I'm enjoying my career.
I love my parents too.

MR. LEGENDARY DAVID: What do you think that you have, that is worthy of dying for?
How can you measure your greatness?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  What I have that is worthy of dying for is my mission in life.
I can only measured my greatness in how many lives God has used me to touch.

MR. LEGENDARY DAVID:  What do you think you can correct if you had the chance to be a teenager again?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: As a teenager, I didn't enjoy much because I was an introvert.
If  I could go back, I would have made more friends, more female friends, maybe play a little pranks. Lol.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: We'll round up in a few minutes Mr Stephen.
So tell us what you wish to have achieved in 30 years time

SOUL'E RHYMEZ: It is simple, personally I love to be married and be able to feed my family, but I still want to have set up all the projects at hand and have them running fine and transforming lives.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Wow nice. If you don't mind, I want to give our CEO a chance to ask you a question.
Mr Abidoye please ask him a question then I round up finally.

ABIDOYE O. SAMUEL: Wow, thank you sir. My question is, What can you offer, if you are made the President of Nigeria in some years time. Do you think you will lead us in a way different from your predecessors' leading?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  Well, I am confident I will, but I must opine that it is not going to be easy.
What I see is that most of our leaders have ambitions and not visions, that's one thing I will change first.
I will burry my ambition for my vision which means putting the people first.
I must also let you know that not all will enjoy my reign.
As long as your existence is a threat to the lives of many others, you will have problems with me and you might have to go and meet God.
Just like Putin, mine is to send you to God, his is to decide whether to forgive you or not.

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: Hmmmm nice. So Mr Stephen any final words to the Family and to those looking up to you?

SOUL'E RHYMEZ:  Well, my final word to the people looking up to me is that they should keep learning, live in love of their fellow men and most importantly, GOD. Thanks a lot. God bless us all

GLOBAL UNIQUE YOUTH: On behalf of my CEO Mr Abidoye O. Samuel, all other administrators and members of the Global Unique Youth group, I say a very big thank you to you Mr Stephen for honouring us with your time. May God continue to bless and strengthen you. And to the members of the family that participated in this interview I say a very big thank you for sparing out time to participate. May God continue to bless us.

Goodnight Family

*Signed:*
Sir 'Detunbi
*On behalf of:*
Global Unique Youth Administrators, World wide.
*6th September,2016*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY