SOUL’E RHYMEZ’S BIRTHDAY SPEECH - 5th September, 2016




I want to give the glory to the Almighty God, for the privilege given to witness today.
Special thanks to my parents; even though storms of life take their cares away from me, I know they care.
Thanks to my family, especially my Grandmother, Mrs. Comfort Oredola Adeyeye, who taught me the ways of God and took care of me while my parents are away, I owe her a lot for anything I grow to become and for all God has done through me thus far.

Thanks to my Uncle, Pastor Olumuyiwa Adeyeye and family, Mrs. Mojisola Emordi and family, who cared so much about my education until I chose my own route, big thanks to Uncle Cooper Francis & Mrs. Afolake Adeyemi, who God used to shape me for years when I got to Lagos city.
Much love to my brother, Obafemi Cooper, for always being there whenever I or mother needs him, hes one in a million brothers. 
I use my sister, Afolayan Blessing as a pointer to the rest of my siblings, I LOVE YOU ALL.

I wouldnt be here if not for my BBCM family; people that have touched my personally,  in no particular order, thanks to Pastor Oluwakemi Rowaiye, Pastor Bolanle Adeyemo Adekoya, Pastor Isaac Obadina, Pastor Kunle, Pastor & Deaconess Osamaye, Pastor IK, Deacon Olusola Olabode, Pastor Wale Alade, Pastor Ade Shodipe, Deacon Abolade, Pastor David Ajulo, Evangelist & Deaconess Onyeriodor, Deaconess Modupe Adodo, Deaconess Adebisi Adebanjo (Princess), Deacon Augustine Okobi, Deacon & Deaconess Young, Mr. Rotimi Dada Lewis, Mrs. Olusola Odufuwa, Bro Ayobami Akinsiku, Bro Tobi Lawal, Deaconess Emilia Lefevre, Bro. Akintola Oluwaseun, Bro Paul Aboje, pastor Dennis Afowosoro, Bro Izuchukwu James Ononikpo, Bro Ekems Naya, Bro Onyekachi Jones Okafor, Bro Sambo Daniel, Bro Joshua Chamberlain and Bro Echezona Chibuike Okonkwo.

Special thanks to the General Overseer of BBCM church; Pastor J.S Ajulo and his wife, Pastor Mrs. Anestina Ajulo, for adopting me as their son without knowing any of my family members.
Thanks to Mr. Okoro Dickson who helped me out when I got admission to University of Lagos.
Not forgetting the Passersby; those that didnt stay in my life, but dropped vital lessons for me: Eguagwu Immanuella, Boniface Miracle, Winnie Chidinma, Omobolaji Adejumobi, Victoria Isaac from the Caribbean, Princess Shirley from Kenya.
All of these are great people, it seems we were not just meant to last together, but I thank God they dropped great lessons.
 
Thanks to my few friends, who have been loyal and supporting, in no particular order, Ifeanyi Bernard, popularly known as Prestige, through him I was on Radio twice this year,
Stanley Erondu, hes been supportive; hes a true friend.
Mrs. Oluwabunmi Ipadeola Ogunnote, who has been a great mother and true friend.
My Bestie, humble and industrious Eguagwu Ozioma, who went against all odds to appear in the Documentary we shot this year and has been a very supportive friend.
My perceived imaginary Girlfriend, Miss. Chinonye Janefrances Chidolue, the founder of Child Hero Empowerment Campaign, an initiative which afforded me the opportunity to reach out to the less privileged children is super talented and cool, shes been supportive. I have scolded her more than anybody this year, yet we wont stop being friends.

Special thanks to the Casts and Crews of our documentary on education WHAT HAPPENS WHEN EDUCATION BECOMES INDOCTRINATION, in no particular order, Ekems Naya Nayaeffectz, the Director, Pastor Wale Alade, Assistant Director, Mrs. Florence Onyeriodor, Welfare Manager, Ezeani Flora Chinenye, Eniola Beatrice Odufuwa, Echezona Okonkwo, Chamberlain Joshua, Prosper Oluwaseun, Agada Maria Nancy, Mrs. Kaptor Idoko Ochenya Rose, Nzua Amaka, Oyeyiola-Ourias Adesewa Oyinkansola, Benson Elizabeth Priceless, Odeyemi Damilola Elizabeth, Egwuagwu Ozioma Peace, Edeh Joshua, Favour Akpeji, Afolarin Esther and Okobi Joy.
Thanks to my literary family, SRAF (Soule Rhymez And Friends) Family and the administrators, my supportive Facebook friends, who have been so supportive, I dont call you fans; you are true friends. To those that have been reading my works, participating in my lectures, giving their feedbacks, good or bad, and sharing them, without you, I wont be the writer I am today. The worst feedback any writer can get is silence. Thanks a lot for being there for me. 
I also appreciate people, whose efforts to transform poetry has affected me positively.
In no particular order, Mr. Olulu Holloway, founder War of Words Africa, who has also delivered a lecture on SRAF, Sir Eriata Orhibabor, and Madam Erah Oalind from USA, who once recognized me as one of Nigerians Diamond Brains.
Mr. Kunle Komolafe, Founder, Vivid Verses & Wordaholics, KIS, the founder of WRR, even though we are not friends and Graciano, who first taught me the Art of SpokenWord Poetry. 
Mr. Enigmatic Olumide, Founder, EGC.
Much appreciation to the creators of: Litranation, La Litrati, ThePoetryCourt, TSN, JustMingle, G.U.Y, WritersConnect, EloquentConcept, Intellectuals Republic, PenMind, HiltopWritersNetwork, BiblicalApologetics and many other platforms that has witnessed and allowed my lectures and other messages.
Thanks a lot.

All of you, alongside many others, who should forgive me for not mentioning their names, have been a great family to me.
This episode of my life would not have been this awesome without you.

I love you all.

Even though where I am going is still far from here; more like I have not started yet, getting here is a miracle.
My somewhat enigmatic & perceived controversial personality, which is most times revealed in my write-ups keep people asking questions, they cant attribute my philosophy to God; yet, such wonderful gift cannot be attributed to Satan, so they call me Freethinker.
I believe if people can understand where I am coming from, they will be able to come in terms with what I do.

I was one of the poorest kids ever born, just like the Son of Man; I was not born in any hospital neither was my delivery taken by a midwife, I do not think my naming was celebrated and up till now, I have not celebrated my birthday, in fact I usually forget it. My story was worse than that of Jabez, I was not only the black sheep of the family, my mother is a blacker sheep, my father was a problem of his own; a school boy who used his intelligence to trap girls down, and through this, a child was born and his name is Eneji Stephen Toluwalashe, popularly known as Soule Rhymez in the literary world.

I grew up a social outcast, until I was 23, I was the most timid person I ever knew, I had no single friend, I was always in the room and usually count how many words I say a day. Even when others are playing outside, I rather stay indoors, read or sleep. This is why the people I started making friends with when I was learning to be social, most of whom made the list of the Passersby bore the brunt of my antisocial antics more. I was the worst version of myself, worst in everything: socially, domestically, morally and even physically, the little edge I always have is my perceived intelligence, but it came to naught, when I failed WAEC, even though I thought I did well to pass.

Failing WAEC meant I was good for nothing, a thing one of my uncles said to me, but he was right.
However, God was going to use the foolish me to confound those that think they are wise.
I took some steps just like Jabez did and I got A FAR BETTER RESPONSE, God gave me what people believe he wont give anybody, I received, but surprisingly even the person through which God gave it dont  believe I have it up till now. But it is for me to believe and receive, not for him. 

I am not surprised that people say I am arrogant regardless of humble I behave, it is not a shock to me, God has shown me all these before now. I get rejections more than acceptance, and most people that love what I do cant openly support me as they believe it will make me more arrogant. I get rejected by many ladies, most times because of the path I have chosen.
A lady once said I am a puzzle and she is not ready to solve a puzzle, another called me antichrist, and another lady also called me Satan as a result of my write-ups, but these tags and rejections wont stop me, for this course, I am willing to die.

Im taking this time out to sincerely apologize to those that has been hurt by my seemingly arrogant dispositions; those whose sensibility has been rendered faulty , I didnt intend them that way, I was just doing my things the best way known to me. However, while I wont go around finding troubles as I have done in the past, I cant stop people from being offended by my write-ups and I wont stop writing because of them.  

Let it be known that as I continue to do my work as God has allotted it to me, a lot of people will still take offence and many more will feel insulted. I will render foolish those you respect most for their wisdom; I will render obsolete most things that make sense to people. This is not my fault, neither do I focus on doing them, but all these will happen.
I guess they are happening already, but my time hasnt come yet.

When my time comes, the blessings of God will become visible in my life, however, you should realize that there is nothing I have that was not given, and they were given for the benefit of all of us. I dont take pride in pulling people down, I believe together, we can harness what we have and make the world a better place.
Why not lets work together and change the world, perhaps, lead people to God through Jesus Christ? This is what makes most sense to me.
I am not superior to anyone, everyone is unique, we all are made with superb abilities to make the world a better place and mine cannot belittle yours.
Discover your uniqueness; together, we can be great!

For now and forever, let God alone take the glory!

I am Soule Rhymez, in whom God is delighted and I am a year older today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY