I DON'T EVEN KNOW HER NAME!


I don’t even know her name,
I didn’t take it with me on my memory lane,
but it wasn’t claim to fame,
lest I be put to shame.

I saw her,
She was too tall to equal my waist,
with eyes so bright to see my heart.
She was such a gracious heart.

Yes, she is gracious!
She whispered to my ears,
“I am fulfilled today,”
Not filled with wines,
like those that dance and dine,
Or with penis, like those lasses
that are blessed with big butts and boobs.


She was more blessed, but belittled by height
Very insightful, but cursed to the dark world.

Alas!
This world is unfair to her,
but she bears her yoke with smiles,
Even as she is left on rough the miles
that life left her to travel.

Alas!
I don’t even know my her name,
This leaves my heart lame,
And dumped me for the blame,
Because I remember many names,
but why not hers, whose heart is gold?
Why did I not ask her for her name?
Even as I watched her leap away,
filled with joy and appreciation
for the little she had received.

Tears filled my eyes as I watched her leap in gladness,
Not because of her blindness,
But because of my own blindness,
 even though I have my eyes complete.
She could see with her eyes partly seized,
But I have my two eyes, yet couldn’t see.
I was buried in pity, not for her,
but for my pitiable sight.

It pains me so much that I don’t even know her name!
Her gratefulness erected a pillar of guilt in my heart.
Why have I given my attention to those lasses
that does not deserve them; those that only trashed them?
Why have I been eating my meals and drinks alone,
forgetting those in need; who does not want too much?

I have written odes for people,
only to be rejected in return,
But here is a lass; that does not even
 need me to write or sing for her,
My appearance was enough to make her day,
Taking picture with me made her a superstar.
She said again as she left, “I am happy today”.

She has the virtue so rare among those with sight and height,
She did not consider the creator cruel for making her thus,
She didn’t sit down and curse the day she was born,
Instead, she is full of praise for every little she receives.
If being a less privilege nurtures such virtue.
Then God should make us all less privileges,
Maybe we will be grateful for the little we have.

However, it hurts more, that I don’t even know her name.

This Poem was inspired at a Workshop organized by Child Hero Campaign Team.
It is about a young girl, who was blind and dwarf, at the same time, but with great attitude of appreciation.

 Do you have passion for the less privileged children?
Do you like to make them happy?
Will you love to volunteer with us as we bring out the best in the less privileged children and nurture the future of these children together?

To volunteer with us, support or become a sponsor for this project, kindly reach us at projectchildhero@gmail.com
Or call Ifeanyi Bernard on +2348032124263
You can also like our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/projectchildhero/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY