I'M A BROKEN POT



I'm a broken pot
Broken and battered
My contents; a putrid smell
Of shame and guilt.

Beautiful I was made
Innocent until
Life's flames
Turned me into a black
And ugly pot.

I'm a broken pot
Losing hope
In redemption.
Can I be put together again
Or shall I be condemned
To the ashes
Of fallen comrades.

Who'll save me
And put my pieces together?
Who'll mould me
Into the beauty
I once was?

I'm a broken pot
That desires to
Be whole.
One they'll be used
To brew salvation.

I want to be a pot
Of redemption
To others.
Who'll take my brokenness
And make perfection
Out of it?

I'm a broken pot
In need of redemption.
I have no voice to cry out
Just these words
That have been etched
Into the softness
Of my stony heart.

Help me
I'm a broken pot.

1008AM
06072016
©MiracleQuist2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY