SRPC II - VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE POEM

POEM 1

SOULLESS

When seeing them holding sticks or blades,
Know it today and ever, that you are soulless.
Son don't forget they put chains around their shoulders and speak horror,
If you notice all I say today,
bear it in mind that they are the soulless.
Do they laugh?
Not even a glance?
And their looks squeeze life from the suckling,
A mark of their making.
Never you go myopic to see them as soulless.
But one thing is paramount and thus makes me happy,
When you sight the soulless never you looked buried;
For there was and is a bleeding pen for the unruly soulless.
Don't forget to tell those above and below
Ink is mine and yours never will it cease flowing,
Soulless sow less and shall reap less,
And to them is the pen is mightier than sword.



POEM 2

*THE* *CONTRARIAN* *VERSE* *LINE*
_(The_ _hope_ _in_ _a_ _hopeless_ _state)_


(This name i shall call once and never more)
Azrael! Oh you have hurt me to the bone.
It's such a moment like never before,
Whilst grieving yet left to moan alone.

What's (in) a man other than piles of bone
Which is decorated with flesh and blood?
Then underneath those is a pudgy stone,
The heart; spirited with feelings and mood.

From thence slowly my existence withers;
Blurry sight, faint sounds, blood that hardly flow!
A man is a lost cause (s)he who dithers--
Thus i lean in submission before my woe.

But then in my verse lines a scene iween,
Whilst in a battered state penning my epitaph;
A man with an apparel bright and sheen,
THAT WAS ME! Not crooked, Not bent-- Oh a LAUGH!

Amid ruins! Corpses! Hopelessness and all!
Sweet Erato found me and with such a mirth.
Azrael! Hope you forgive for again i call,
I shall go on grieving yet drawing breath.

*[Keywords:]*
_*Azrael;* It's an orthodoxal name for *death*_
_*Erato;* It's the mythological god of *poetry and lyrics*_


POEM 3

I Heard These Words

Lost in the tunnel of suffering and her struggles,
I saw thick darkness in the broad daylight;
Life became worthless and living disdained,
For all hope was lost as I cursed my existence.

I was bitten by the venom of struggle and distress,
For the hope within me seemed hopeless;
Agony and sorrow was my wine and feast,
And I cursed the very kind air I'd breath.

Amidst all this I hoped for a better hope,
I yawned for words to heal my solitude heart;
And I heard these words saying do not be dismayed,
These words I inhaled gave light to my darkness.

As battered, shattered and scattered as I was,
Still I found reason to fight life's poisonous venom;
These words I inhaled healed my heart and struggles,
For within me I saw hope knocking at my door.

Despite the thick darkness I saw light smiling at me,
Words within me came alive and hope was rekindled;
These words I heard gave me reason to live again,
For life became worth-living as I inhaled these words.



POEM 4


The emergence of Hope

Lick up your wounds!
We have mourned too long
We had wept the great fall
We had fetched from the well of hell

Dark clouds.. Promising a huge pour
Clears off.. Our wait in vain for rain
Left to wriggle in dung of hopelessness
Now we can whistle songs of joyfulness

Peace hisses upon us hitting with ease
Ready to torch this fox of fire afar
Hope hauls joy, mending punctured holes on every soul
The messiah enters the entire empire

Immortality fixes its mortgage in our mortal frail
Tranquility dances round our evolving capability
Unity weaves in threes, mocking our discord which slapped our teeth
Restoration sweeps through to our sacred inns

Are you then dull of hearing to this air?
Roars of redeeming merriment
We've been home but not home
Verily! Never again can we be alone.


POEM 5

A BETTER TOMORROW

So much pain and so much hurt,
So much tears fills one's heartbeat,
Fears of unknown captivates the eyes,
But that's when we think with fear.

Sickness can only torment the skin,
Diseases can only torture the flesh,
Of what use is the beauty of a tree without fruits,
No beauty at all it's now so lifeless.

This alone revives my hope as lies within the heart,
My heart is now so strong and not aggrieved at the torment of illment,
Because for sure I will stand stronger than expected,
Weep not my heart for thy saviour have arrived with comfort.

The thorns and hooks of this age,
May tempt me sore thinking there is no hope,
Yet my hope I will not condemn,
Till all hopelessness is turned to hope.


POEM 6

HOPE IN HOPELESSNESS

Yesterday was a detailed history,
Today is a curtailed mystery.
Everyday leverages a new sun,
And every sun beams a new hope
by its yawns and circumambulation
of the mother earth from hey to zed.

Let hope smile out of hopelessness,
Like birds spring out of shell,
Like the morning dew drops on plants,
Or the ocean and its relentless waves;
Courage is a manure, hope is plant,
Watered by patience in hot summer.

Life is the pain of motherhood,
Hope of baby-birth eases the affair.
Yesterday gets no O of opportunity,
tOday shines a O of opportunity,
And tOmOrrOw gives hope of
three firm O's of opportunities.

Shed the secret tears of no-hope
and beam the open smile of hope.
And let lights of hope from the bottom
of your fear-filled heart blossom.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY