DEAR ABOSEDE





Dear Abosede,
a beautiful woman,
they say is an elephant meat,
only the man
 with the sharpest knife
cuts through.
This, they say.

But dear Abosede,
I have no knife,
and I am no hunter of meat.
I have no car
and I not a son of the rich,
but I have dreams to realize,
one of which is to have you,
I only look for your love.

Up north where I came,
Young girls aren't they are here.
Up north where I came,
Young girls don’t judge you
by the size of your knife,
they look at the size of your heart.

Hear me my Abosede,
I don't know what you look like,
I mean your heart desires.
I don't know where you are from,
I mean your parents’ wish.
I don't even know who you are, Abosede,
I mean if you I am your kind of man.
All I want you to know is my heart aches,
oh! My heart aches for you,
Dear Abosede.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY