HOW UGLINESS GAVE ME LIFE (PART TWO)


In part one of this article, I wrote about my experience in secondary school – how I was too ugly to attract a girl. However, as time went on, I realized that being as ugly as people considered me to be was a blessing from God.

 When someone saw my brother’s photo and how handsome he looked, she asked - why are you ugly and your brother is handsome? My response was simple and significant – ponder over it before passing on because it is the soul of this article. I said, ‘God gave each person what he needs.’

 My brother may need to be handsome to be who he is, I do not need that. That is not to undermine handsomeness, but to show that it is not what we do not have that stops us, but what we have and do not know how to use.

 People letting me know that I was ugly was a blessing in disguise – I needed to find my strength and it helped me to know early enough that my strength was not in my look. This knowledge made me look within to find out what can make people admire me for who I am, despite I do not have the look to charm them.

 After discovering it, I called myself “The Tattered Book Filled with Life’s Treasure.” Trying hard to be handsome or be accepted for my look is like trying to be like others – I would have been focusing on things I did not have while leaving the treasure inside of me to die of lack of attention.

 I always say it unapologetically that every woman needs a man like me.  After reading the foregoing statement, some women may laugh sarcastically. They will be right to say I am deceiving myself or that I am proud. It may seem to them that I could not see myself the way I am. But nothing changes that fact.

 There is nothing handsome men enjoy that I do not also enjoy – I have been asked out by women many times. More money has left the pockets of women to mine than otherwise. I have sold more of my books and courses to women simply because they just like me and wanted to buy my books. If ugliness brings all of these and more, why do you think I should want to be handsome?

 Since I discovered my uniqueness, I have never felt threatened by any man, regardless of how rich or handsome when it comes to winning the heart of a woman. Many men, even with their monies and good look feel threatened by my presence – it seems as if there is an aura around me that intimidate men and makes women admire me.

Surely, there is – I consciously cultivated it and it is working for me. if you have read any of my books on relationship, you would have gotten some of these clues– surely, ugliness gave me life; it is a realization that I was ugly that helped me to focus on the qualities that I now have, with which I enjoy the same privileges that only the rich and handsome ones enjoy.

 Will you like to know this quality? Stay tuned for part 3 of this article. To receive it privately, kindly chat me on WhatsApp by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/2TPYR16

I am Soul’e Rhymez, Lagos-based Author & Motivational Speaker.

Tel: +2348163800077.  You can also connect me here: http://bit.ly/2XPTgZj

 

Kindly share it to bless others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY