HOW UGLINESS GAVE ME LIFE (PART 3)

 


Many people see being ugly as a weakness, but while it may be a weakness in its actual sense, in my case it is a blessing in disguise. The story I am about to tell may now help you to stop seeing what God has blessed you with as weaknesses because you have not yet seen the blessings. I have been explaining from the very first part of this article how ugliness gave me life but in this part, I will be taking you through a perspective that you can easily relate with and understand.

I grew up in Egbe, Kogi state in an age where there was no internet and I had no access to a phone. The only fun for a guy like me was playing football in the hot sun, and chasing after the girls in the evening – that was all there was of many growing boys’ lives then.

Some of my mates became premature fathers and had their education halted. It was a reality that I did not want to experience but one that I did not know how to escape. It was at this time that the value of my look that too many people considered ugly cam to play a huge role in preventing me from becoming a premature father and also ruining the lives of innocent kids who may come to the world through me and suffer because I did not plan for them to come. 

A few years ago, I was in my office when I received a call from the village that our fifth born had given birth to a baby – I was shocked! She was just 13 years old. I saw a lot of such situations before I left the village, but I never thought it would happen to my sister. I wanted to blame her or even my mom for her predicament; it would have been easy to do that, but I would have been inconsiderate and wicked to do that.

I knew what it meant to live there; it takes a lot of willpower and some kind of grace for girls to finish high school before getting pregnant, some of my male classmates impregnated girls before graduating from high school, while some of the females dropped out of school because of teenage pregnancy.

I would have been one victim too but thanks to my ugly look – no girl wanted me thus I escaped becoming an unprepared teenage parent before I could lay my hands-on the right sex education. My unpleasant look was a blessing in disguise if not I would have repeated the mistake of my parents as my sister did.

Even if I may later become what I am today, what will happen to the baby I have brought to the world without any plan for it? Maybe, it would even have reduced me to mediocrity but I was able to escape that reality because I was ugly. Now I have learned to get what I want and my look does not stop me.

There is nothing that you have that is a waste or a mistake, the difference is always the way you view it, and the way you view it affects what you do with it.

In part four of this article, I will share some experience with you that proves that those things that you think makes you ugly and unfit are your unique selling point. To receive it privately, kindly chat me on WhatsApp by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/2TPYR16

Written by Soul’e Rhymez, Lagos-based Author & Motivational Speaker.

Tel: +2348163800077.  You can also connect me here: http://bit.ly/2XPTgZj

Kindly share it to bless others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY