HOW UGLINESS GAVE ME LIFE (PART 1)


As long as life exists, there always will be people that look beautiful and those that look ugly – I, fortunately, belong to the latter. I grew up getting the worst treatments because of how I looked. Nobody liked me; I had a not-well shaped head and big lips – I was nicknamed ridiculously based on my look. It was hard growing up simply because I looked ugly.

 My secondary school days were the worst of my days with bullies, both physically and verbally – many people bullied me because they did not like how I looked. I got back from school daily having another bully story to tell. Talk about the girls, I was a complete outcast. I always feared that girls would never like me.

 When I got to sss2, my fear became a reality; I fell in love with one girl named Esther who joined us in sss2. She appeared to possess all I wanted in a woman, and being one goal-getter, I went for her despite I knew that the odds of getting her were very slim.

 She was a queen and I was the ugliest of all slaves, but I did not care; I loved her enough to go after her. That was the first time I fell in love and regardless of how it turned out, I never regret loving her or expressing my feelings. I will do it again, but now with more sense of pride and wisdom than before.

 Asking Esther out was to a lot of people, a step too high for me – I was biting more than I could chew. I always do – that marked the beginning of the man I am. A man that dreams beyond his limitations. At one point, her group of friends felt I was too low to her and organized junior students to mock me. It was tough!

 To them, I was the ugliest guy around, but to me, I was the best guy any girl could have. I was simply in my own world – everyone, even my mom believed that I was ugly and that it was the reason why too many people did not like me.

 Aside from being ugly, what attracted more hatred to me was my unwillingness to see myself the way they saw me and accept pity – I was a tough-minded motherfucker. That never changed and it won’t.

 My decision to ask Esther out caused me a lot of trouble, which affected my WAEC results – it was a war of self-esteem that would have lasted a lifetime, but one which I won at age 24, about 5 years after the event took place.

 For those five years, I faced a lot of trauma; I got cussed almost daily based on my look; I would cry whenever I am alone and take the mirror to see if I was as ugly as they claimed. However, whenever I took the mirror, somehow I could not see ugliness; I always saw the face of a hero.

While I had a strong mind, the way I was continually treated all through my secondary school days and after it crept into my subconscious mind and affected my life until I was 24 years old. I did not ask any girl out for the fear of rejection and possible mockery that I may face. My experience turned to resentment for the girls until I gave myself over to a voluntary rebirth through self-discovery and development.

 I have now moved from that guy who was bullied and mocked for asking a girl out to one that turns away women on daily basis. I have been asked out by girls and ladies on several occasions. My appearance did not change – I still intentionally do not dress well, no face surgery but something changed. What is it?

 If there is anything any man get for his handsomeness, I have enjoyed more and still do. My look does not change, but it does not make any difference – many handsome guys give their hard-earned money to attract women, but more women have offered me money than I have given to women in my entire life.

 I have received more support from women than men based on the fact that they love me. I am not even rich or famous yet, so what am I doing right? Surely I am doing something that too many people don’t dare to do and these secrets are revealed in my new books titled MOTHERFUCKERS CODES (for men), and FATHERFUCKERS CODES (for ladies).

 If you believe that you cannot be loved simply because you are ugly, something is wrong with you, but it is not about your look. My life has shown that ugliness is just a word, it becomes a reality and stops you if you refuse to do certain things I did as documented in those books mentioned above. A word, they say, is enough for the wise but as for the followers of my philosophies, half-word is enough. 

I am Soul’e Rhymez, Lagos-based Author & Motivational Speaker.

Tel: +2348163800077. Whatsapp: http://bit.ly/2TPYR16

You can also connect me here: http://bit.ly/2XPTgZj

Kindly share it to bless others

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY