SOUL’E RHYMEZ MADE THE LIST FOR NIGERIAN MERITORIOUS AWARDS

The top 10 list for Nigerian Meritorious Award is out and Soule Rhymez, one of Nigerian foremost poets made famous by his controversial essays, made the list for the poets category. When asked how he got the news, he said,

Yesterday as I was ego-surfing on Google, I discovered a lot of blogs, websites and online magazines have published several of my works, even The Guardian Newspaper.
I was happy, I had no reason to be angry despite they took no permission from me to do so.
It takes courage and large dose of integrity to leave my name on those wonderful works.

I proceeded to page 4 of Google and towards the end; I found something that amazed me.
I made the top 10 of nominees for Nigerian Meritorious Awards for my poem, TELL THEM.
Thats amazing, isnt it?
I never thought I could ever make the top 10, I wrote the poem for less than 15 minutes, I submitted it the same day wrote it.
After submitting it, I built on it and performed it at Wordaholics.
I knew there was something great about that poem, but only after I had submitted it and reedited it.

When asked if he actually was expecting to make the list, he has this to say:

No, I wasnt, even when it was time for public voting, I wasnt motivated, I sent the link out only once even though the voting period lasted for weeks.
I got 71 likes and 33 comments, some of which are mine, but on the same page, I saw poems with 1, 2, 3 thousand likes and tens of comments, some with hundreds of likes and I still wonder how I made the top 10.
I dont even know the organizers of this award and none of the poets I know made the top 10 list.
It shows the transparency and authenticity of this award.

When asked if he could win the grand prize, he laughed and said:

Right from the onset, I am not award freak, I just love writing, I see myself as a messenger, and I want to spread my message to the world the best way I can do it, but if awards will help me do that better, why not? I think I will start submitting my works for awards, but for now, I have to say a very big thanks to the organizers of NIGMA AWARDS.
It does not matter if I win or not, they are doing a great job and I must thank them for that.

Read TEL THEM as submitted and also see the list of the 10 finalists here: www.facebook.com/Nigmawards/?fref=ts

You can read about NIGMA AWARDS here: http://nigmawards.com/
Read TEL THEM as submitted and also see the list of the 10 finalists here: www.facebook.com/Nigmawards/?fref=ts

The winner will be announced at Nigerian Meritorious Award Gala Night, slated to hold at BeSpoke Event Center, Lekki; Lagos State on the 9th of October, 2016. Red Carpet to start at 5mp.
I can only hope I win the Prize.

Reporter:

SRAF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY