OMOBOLAJI

When the going was good with OMOBOLAJI

Omobolaji,
You came to me like an angel;
You're once my forerunner; you told of my coming to the land of prominence.
You're once a seer; you saw what other sights are blind to.
You called me great and you aren't wrong but
you left as fast as you came.

Omobolaji,
Once more since you left,
the thoughts of you invade my heart and covered my sight; I couldn't see until
I let my pen bleed maybe this invader will leave when his blood dry in the outpour of my heart.



Omobolaji,
You're once the smile that heal the sick but
now your frowns can kill a lion.
you're once my hope when all hopes hoped away but now you look back and woe those times.
You're once the tree, on which I leaned,
Your sweet words were the ointment that healed my ailing heart.
Why have you decided to turn your back now?

Omobolaji,
Why has my presence become a pestilence?
and my muscled body you craved for now irritate you?
Why has the sonorous voice of a troubadour which you longed to hear now sings disdainful strains to your ears?
Why did you choose to see the wrongs when the rights begged to be noticed?

Omobolaji,
I have always warned you that Life will bring your fear but you fled for the fear of envisaged fear.
you disobeyed me; you peered into the future and saw nothing thus you strangled the present.
you flew away on the shoulders of my faults but unknown to you,
Life only presented to you what you wanted to see.

Omobolaji,
I called you a passerby because you decided to pass by when you should stay.
You opened to me the floodgate of wisdom; buttressed it with love as pure as the spring waters but you decided to go before I could reciprocate.
You listened to the trusted voices: my realistic voice, the signs and warnings of your relations
but they all worked for Life to convince you of what you always wanted to see.

Omobolaji,
I beg of you to cease to see what seem,
I beg of you to cease to see through your fears or believe trusted voices that only see what seems.
Seize my heart now when he still linger for you.
I know you are beautiful and will always find another man; a million men perhaps but you can never find another me.
I hope you make the right choice and not say your story with a deep sigh whenever you are asked.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

SOUL'E RHYMEZ POETRY COMPETITION SEASON1

HOLINESS AND VIRGINITY